Monday 2 May 2016

Yes, I have a body

Am I objectifying myself because I have a vagina? I mean, yes? I get pleasure from my body, however that doesn't make them sexual products for you to have at your own will? And again, yes? I get pleasure from my body, but that doesn't mean you can use the pleasure I receive as a form of manipulation and objectification for the view of others. 

We hear about it all the time right? "that's a short skirt, shes asking for it" "look at how she acts, what a slut"? I mean, the common slut shaming, objectifying, sexuality isn't all new to my writing, and definitely not to the world. The thing with it though is that many people may think that we have come so far from what it used to be like, but my question is: Hasn't it just started? As PEOPLE, we should be able to make decisions on what we wear and what we want to look like, as PEOPLE we should be paid the same for the same job! As PEOPLE we can choose if we want to continue to work and stay home with children, just stay home, or not have children at all! As PEOPLE our views and opinions shall be no less than another's. As PEOPLE, why does your anatomy decipher your worth to another? I have a vagina, so do many of you. I have breasts, so do many of you. I have a butt, so do all of you? I have legs, i have arms, i have a stomach. These are not objects, these are not yours to discuss, discredit and try to change. Yes I am a women, yes I have a body, yes I am a sexual being, but this is not ALL of me. I am NOT an object. I am a PERSON with a MIND, A CAPABLE BRAIN, FEELINGS, EMOTIONS, BELIEFS AND VIEWS, I am no less than you because of my anatomy. Everyone, look at yourself in the mirror. Hell, look at yourself completely naked in the mirror. Repeat:

"I am a mind, a soul, a spirit. I can go just as far as anyone. This body I have, is a casing. A casing for the complexities of my soul wrapped underneath. My body is not yours, my body is mine. Mine. I will showcase it how I want to. My body does not have to confide to your standards and your rules as I am not a body to be fit into your society. I am a free mind, with a casing. A casing which is mine. My body does not have to look a certain way, to succumb to a certain good enough standard because my body isn't a view piece, my body isn't an object, my body isn't for you to pull apart and look at. My stomach, is a stomach. Filled with organs and protected by fat and skin to ensure my survival and safety. My stomach is not a sexual object, needing to look better to please the eyes of everyone else. My legs are strong, capable and they carry me. Without my legs I wouldn't be able to walk, and I am so thankful and grateful that I have the ability to walk. My legs are NOT too short, too long, too wide, too small. My legs are not an object having to be aesthetically pleasing for the naked eye of another. The hair on my legs, my armpits, my breasts, my stomach, my arms, my vagina is for protection, is for warmth. I do not have to get rid of it, get rid of my human protection, so you feel better looking at me. My body, is not yours. My body isn't an object. You see because I am a soul, a mind, a spirit encased by a beautiful, protective, healthy, happy casing. Not just a pretty face, not just some smooth skin for you fantasize about feeling, not a vagina for you to take at your own wish."

Please girls, please know that you're more than your body. Please believe that your worth isn't defined by your outer surface. Please, please, please hear me girls, when I say - young, old, short, tall, big, small, whore, prude, nerd, bitch, bimbo, skank. You are not a label, you are not an object and you are not worthy, nor any less capable because of your anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment